I need a job. I mean, really. Not only do I need to get out of the house for some social interaction, but I need some moolah! I must admit, I've been pretty spoiled my entire life. Not to the point where I have 8 new cars and designer clothes avalanching my bedroom, but to the point where I could pretty much tell my parents I needed to go shopping and I'd have a credit card in my hand in 10 minutes.... with a reasonable limit of course!
I've tried to convince myself that I can't compete with what my family has and what Kyle's family has. Our parents have worked their entire lives to be able to provide for the family and be able to fill the houses with fun things. Both Kyle and I were lucky growing up. We've gotten too used to having pretty much whatever we want, when we want it. It's starting to put a lot of stress on our bank account!
At first we thought we were invincible. I mean, one month after we were married in 2007, we were driving around in a 2008 SUV! THAT wasn't expensive at all! Then came buying furniture. Hello pillow top mattress!!.... memory foam was WAY outta my price range! Big screen TV? Of course! The icing on the cake was when we decided to trade in Kyle's perfectly fine 2002 car for a 2007 model. Fortunately, all of those were fine. We budgeted and have enough money for 2 car payments... which is pretty hard on a military salary!
Things start to go to shit when credit cards are put in the mix. I have an entire semester of college on a credit card. Yeah... not even lying. It's now down to about $900 which is much better than the original amount on it! We also decided that since we were going home for Christmas, that we'd just put all the presents and our trip on a credit card. Bad idea. Instead of living within our budget, we dropped around $2000. And of course, since I only have one class left to finish my degree, no financial aid is available. Had to put another $850 on our Cabela's card. At least we get points towards Kyle's next gun purchase, right? Right!?!?
So... I need a job. I hate having ANY sort of credit card balance, so right now, it's absolutely killing me. If you know of anywhere that's hiring... let me know.. this is getting ridiculous.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come work with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete