
Well, my first blog ever. Guess what it's going to be about.... if you guessed Army life.. you're wrong! My first blog ever will be about my favorite thing in the entire world.... Iowa Hawkeye Football! I don't know when I started liking the Hawkeyes, I'd like to think since birth I've been a fan, but I'm not sure about that. I remember waking up on Saturday mornings to my dad yelling at the TV downstairs. I would then watch the game (and him) and cheered when he would cheer, boo when he would boo, and sometimes... watch him walk out of the room in disgust... but I would never do that. I would sit there and cheer for my team! I wasn't just a fairweather fan... I was a diehard Hawkeye fan!
In middle school and high school I had the lovely pleasure of attending a few Hawkeye football games with....... my grandma. That's right, folks.. my awesome grandma would take me pretty much wherever I wanted to go. She's so cool, I'm not even embarassed to go to things like that with her! She's probably the loudest cheering fan in the crowd, and I'm right next to her trying to out-yell her! When it came time to choose a college, I applied to one: The University of Iowa. When that letter of acceptance came, I about crapped my pants! I was finally going to my dream school, I was going to be an official Hawkeye.
Here's the kicker with going to the University of Iowa, I had a friend who was in the marching band at Iowa State (BOOOOO!!!!)... and he said it was AMAZING. So I convinced my now husband, Kyle to play an audition tape for me (I knew I couldn't make it if I did it myself!). Amazingly, I got another acceptance letter into the Hawkeye Marching Band. If you don't know about this amazing entity... let me tell you. When you're apart of this band, you go to every home game for free, you get to step foot on KINNICK field, you get to stand up for an entire football game--- thats the sucky part!! hahah! You also have an obligation to play 'Beer Band' on friday nights... free beer at every bar in Iowa City (that's a lot of bars!), and then proceed to be at the practice field at 6:00 the next morning... hungover as hell. You also get to travel to at least one away game and if the team makes a bowl game... you have a free trip to a warm vacation area in January. :)
So now we come to the most important game of the Hawkeye season, the game that divides the entire state of Iowa... the Iowa/Iowa State game. I wish I could be there cheering my team on... but I will be the one screaming at the TV from my living room. This is the day where my own household seperates... Me for Iowa, Kyle for ISU. I wish I was still in my amazing marching band uniform, no matter how hot that stupid thing was. I wish I could be on the field in front of 70,000 screaming fans playing the Iowa Fight Song.
On that note.. I'm going to anger my napping husband by decorating our house with Iowa things!! This should be good! *insert evil laugh*
Iowa: 1-0 Soon to be 2-0 !!!!
I love how my favorite cousin has a BLOG!! A real life BLOG!!! Hope the Iowa decorating went well!! =) Love you!!
ReplyDelete