Friday, September 11, 2009

Remember.

So.. I'm super ecstatic today! Since we live in rural Missouri, we have to have Dish Network. I do love the options Dish has... DVR, guide... and some amazing channel line-ups. The only bad thing, when we moved in, we requested The Big Ten Network, and were denied... stating that only states with a Big Ten team could have the network. Really??? What's the point? If you live in Iowa, I'm 99.9% sure that one of the networks there will be showing the game... the point of the Big Ten Network is to bring the Big Ten to places who do not get the games on their regular channels!! ME! I suffered through the Iowa/UNI game by going to gametracker to watch... er.. pretend to watch the game. If you've ever watched gametracker... it sucks... it helps.. but its not the same. Gametracker gives you a little field, and 1 fooseball looking player for each team, and then proceeds to 'tell' you what happened during the play. If you want, you can 'animate' the play... WHOA! Too much! Unfortunately, if you want audio, you get to pay a fee... not a fan of fees.


Getting to the reason I'm ECSTATIC. Kyle called DishNetwork... for like the billionth time since we moved into our house in October to get our channels switched from Fox Sports Midwest to Fox Sports North..(aka.. Twins, Hawkeyes, Vikings... the normal "Iowa" stuff). After being denied all these months... some lady finally gave in. We now have ALL the Fox sports channels... plus.. THE BIG TEN NETWORK!!! All for a monthly fee of $3. I think I can handle being happy every Saturday for less than a $1 a game!! Even better: Big Ten Network was showing the Iowa/UNI game... I got to watch the 2 blocked field goals in real time... without animation :)




On a different note... today is 9/11. Do you remember where you were? I sure do. I was sitting in homeroom my freshman year in high school.. when an announcement came over the intercom for everyone to turn on their TV's. We all sat in awe as we watched what was unfolding. Me, being from Iowa had never really even heard of the Twin Towers, but I knew history was being made. The entire day was put on hold as we just watched the TV's... moving from classroom to classroom, but not doing anything but watch. Even at home all I could do was watch the TV. I watched as huge flags were hung from buildings, people standing with flags, and a new sense of patriotism came over America.



"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."


1 comment:

  1. whoa....great minds think alike...
    look at what my blog was called today?

    ReplyDelete