Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sorry...



Sorry.. been on kinda a hiatus. My lovely cousin Marilee keeps yelling at me for not posting anything new...so this one's for you, dear! So much has been happening.. a couple big HAWKEYE wins, Twins clinching the AL Central, mandatory Army FluMist, and the lovely Swine Flu shot is coming up next week! What to talk about first... hmm...

Hawkeyes, DUH!! Some awesomeness against Penn State, that poor team and their 87 year old coach.. is JoePa going to die before his contract is up?? Geezus! Ark State.. psh.. what a joke, I live really close to Arkansas.. I'm surprised they have ANY colleges!! Hehehe.. ok, that was mean. I'm sure it's a very prestigious school.. BAHAHAHA.. who am I kidding!? Next up, Michigan. It's also Iowa's homecoming, hope they can pull out a win for all the wonderful fans who will be cheering them on!

Twins... good grief.. 12 innings last night. I lost my voice during the 6th, not even gonna lie! Talk about an awesome game! My hubby.. aka Joe Mauer.. had kinda a bad night with the bat..no homers. He was pretty upset when he got home. ;) Nah.. but in all seriousness, the Twins played a damn good game and showed the Tigers that it doesn't matter how long you're #1 in the division, it can always be taken away.. hehehe. I do feel bad for the Twins tonight though, they have to play the Yankees, and they went through A LOT of pitchers last night.. hopefully some good ones are up for the task ahead! GO TWINKIES!!

Mandatory Army flu shots. Not a bad idea. Mandatory Army FluMist.. terrible idea. Let's put LIVE flu virus into our soldiers...especially while they're over fighting in A-stan or Iraq. SERIOUSLY??!! I thought it was bad enough when Kyle's unit got it. About half the unit had to go to sick call within the few days after getting misted. Families had to go to the hospital cuz the soldier got EVERYONE sick! WTF. We were some of the lucky ones. I'm going to thank my Disney Princess Gummy Vitamins for that :) I just think that it should be optional... get a live virus (mist) or get a shot that isn't going to get your family sick if they so choose not to get vaccinated (ME).

Moving on the the swine flu vaccination. I read at least 30 different articles on this. The manufacturers of this lovely shot won't be participating in receiving it. That sounds REALLY safe. The military is making all soldiers receive this shot... and their RESULTS.. yes.. results... are going to be sent to the CDC and to the manufacturer for further investigation if the shot really works. So.. my husband is a guinea pig? Hmm.. I don't think he signed up for that when he signed his contract. The Air Force Academy has already received the shot, and had to go into lockdown because everyone got sick. A unit coming home from Iraq had to be held-over in Kuwait because of so much sickness. Hmm.. interesting. I think I'll be staying away from my house and the swine flu-y husband that will be residing in it.

Ok.. enough ranting. At least if Kyle dies, I'll be receiving the full half-million dollar life insurance policy. Cha-Ching! heheh.

So.. Marilee... I'm going to blame my new found addiction on YOU. It seems quite fitting. Harry freaking Potter. Thanks. yea, I'm on chapter 27 of the 4th book. And I've watched the first 3 movies. Is there a group for this? A coping session? I hope I finish the book soon.. so I can watch the 4th movie and see Cedric.... :)

Ok.. enough for now. Root for the Twinkies tonight! And the Hawks on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Don't shoot me, but you best believe I'm getting the spray one!!! =) No needles!! Yay me!!

    Oh p.s. don't be hatin' on Harry...I'm finally proud to call you my cousin.

    ReplyDelete