The Good.
I booked my Valentine's Day hotel tonight!!! The hubby and I were torn between a couple of places. Both our votes went to Vegas... but... our checking account vetoed that option! Numba 2 was Saint Louis. Pretty reasonable.. but... Mardi Gras weekend up there.. so EVERY hotel in the downtown area was booked (ones that werent had like $500 a night rooms.. might as well be Vegas!) Our last option... don't laugh. Branson. I know, I know... it's like Vegas for the retirement community! I think there's enough there to hold our attention. It's the off-season so not as many old foggies running around. The awesomeness is that we're staying at a hotel with an indoor water park! I'm pretty stoked! We got an awesome deal on a room too... King size jacuzzi suite for only $200 for the weekend.. and that's with unlimited water park action!
The Bad.
I completely forgot to DVR the new 19 Kids and Counting on Sunday. Don't judge my TV show choices. Sunni got me hooked on it. Thanks to TLC it was only a few short months and I was completely caught up on all the episodes. The one on Sunday was the Special Duggar Delivery of the preemie Josie. I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere on the internet. And trust me.. I've tried EVERYWHERE!!! Oh well.. hopefully it'll be on hulu next week....
The Ugly.
National health care. Really? For anyone who wants Congress to vote YES on this is absolutely crazy. Wanna know why?? Because people on nationalized health care don't get cared for. Military health care IS socialized health care. I get told who, what, where, when, and why I can go to the doctor. I have to call AT LEAST a month ahead of time for a routine check-up. If I happen to come down with strep throat or the flu, I suck it up. If I even TRIED to call for an appointment, psh.. "we can get you in to the doctor in 3 weeks." 3 WEEKS?? Hopefully I've contaminated the entire base before I get to go to the doctor!! That's only on a military base. A SMALL military base at that. I'd hate to see the entire nation trying to get into the doctor if they get sick!
Another thing that pisses me off. I went to the doctor on my birthday for my 'yearly exam'. We all know what that is, so I won't go into detail. I've been to 3 'yearly exams' while Kyle has been in the Army. Not ONCE have I had the same doctor! Coming from small town Iowa, that just seems ridiculous to me! At this lovely doctor's visit, I got my renewal of my birth control. Pretty standard. My doctor decided to put me to the test though. She only put one refill on it! (Army refills go in 3 month increments) So now, I'm coming to the 6 month point, and can't get another refill! I've tried calling several times to be put through to my doctor, but no luck. Today, after getting transferred 6 times I was put through to her nurse's voicemail. I told the voicemail what was up... and NOBODY HAS CALLED ME BACK!!!! And you wonder why so many military spouses end up pregnant, because of shit like this.
Last year when we moved to MO, somehow my prescription got caught in a black hole... my prescription from the year before that was in my records, but not from the current year. That was fun trying to get that sorted out... 2 years now they've effed with my pills..... maybe they're telling me to have a baby????
No comments:
Post a Comment